- No helmet no ride.
- Children under 14 years must be accompanied by a guardian for the entire ride.
- Under 18 indemnity to be signed by guardian.
- The smallest bicycle that may be used for Mambas is a 24″ wheel size, proper Mountain Bike. It should be equipped with a full set of gears, front suspension and a water bottle holder.
- Keep left, pass right.
- Ride in SINGLE file at all times. We know it’s nice to chat, but it’s not so nice when you are hit by a car.
- Do not stop in the middle of the path, pull over first.
- When overtaking, do it safely. Let the rider in front know you are going to overtake.
- Be friendly and courteous to fellow riders.
- Downhill gives way to up.
Items to bring along on all rides:
- Carry ICE (Emergency Information), such as medical aid no, blood type, alergies.
- Bike that is in good working condition.
- Water, at least 1L per 20Km.
- Two spare tubes.
- Puncture repair kit.
- Working pump / bombs.
- Tire liners and bike tools.
- Fresh slime if riding tubeless.
We host beginners clinics to teach new cyclists, of any generation, the basics of safety, maintenance, & general riding skills. As these clinics are dependent on numbers and need to be planned, the dates get posted on the website.